Meetings & Events
We hold monthly meetings on a whole range of topics. Details of all our upcoming meetings & events can be found here. If there is a topic you would like us to cover, let us know!
Our next meeting will take place on Friday, November 20th, 2015 at 7:30pm, in Hook & Ladder, 7 Sarsfield Street, Limerick city.
The theme of this meeting is Sex Positivity, Sexual Health and Body Confidence, and we are delighted to have the wonderful Rebelle Haze speaking to us. Rebelle is an awesome feminist, sex educator and friend to the Limerick Feminist Network. You can read more about her and her work here.
*Hook & Ladder is wheelchair accessible and has disabled bathroom facilities. The exact location of the café can be found here.*
Everyone who attends our meetings is expected to adhere to the following rules…
- Everyone’s voice is equal and everyone gets a chance to speak.
- No sexism, racism, ableism, transphobia, homophobia, slut shaming or victim blaming will be tolerated.
- Show respect at all times.
- If topic of conversation gets so intense that someone gets upset we will take a break from the conversation or change topic.
- If someone finds the topic of conversation upsetting and need to leave or take a moment they are free to do so.
- Sometimes in the meetings people share personal and sensitive information; by attending the meeting you agree that such information is confidential and will not be discussed outside the meeting (online or in person), without express permission from those involved.
- If someone is found to be disrespectful and / or damaging the safe space atmosphere they will be asked to leave on a temporary or permanent basis, depending on what the group decide.
- We want people to give us feedback and share their ideas with us, if anyone has an idea for a project they would like us to work on they are free to submit a proposal and discuss it further at a later date.
- We want people to enjoy our meetings and not have any negativity left over at the end, we aim to finish our meetings on a positive note and check in with all members to see how they feel before leaving.
- Please buy a beverage – we don’t pay for our meeting spaces so we might lose them if they don’t make a profit staying open especially for us
- We would like if everyone could abide by the ‘don’t be a dick‘ philosophy!
Here you will find information on other local and national events we think may be of interest to our members. If there is an event you would like us to advertised, get in touch.